Ideal for backpackers, business travelers and anyone who wants to stay organized during trips
Travel backpacks come in all shapes and sizes. The Hynes Eagle backpack fits to be any size you need it to be. You’ll never have to choose between bringing a bag that might be too small or too big, since this bag compresses and expands to fit what you’re bringing. Travel light or bring it all, you can fit it all in this bag comfortably and keep it organized. And it’s light and adjustable, so it fits however you want to carry your supplies.
Compare what this backpack has to offer travelers who want the best backpack for every adventure.
Best for travelers who want a flexible backpack they can use for any trip
It’s hard to find a travel backpack that does exactly what you want. Some trips you need a day bag with a change of clothes, and other trips require you to maximize your space and weight restrictions.
The Hynes Eagle Backpack is the most versatile travel backpack for anywhere you’re going. Designed for frequent flyers who only need one bag, this backpack packs like a suitcase but wears like a backpack. It’s packed with built-in storage and pockets and can cinch down to a basic day pack or expand for your souvenirs or supplies for a longer trip.
The best part about the bag is that it’s big enough to hold everything without being too bulky. It’s ideal even for small-framed women who can’t find a large enough backpack that’s actually comfortable to wear and doesn’t have giant straps strangling you while you’re exploring. It’s 3 pounds when empty but expands up to 44L, and every strap is adjustable or removable.
Options to choose from
Pick navy or red for a bag you can easily tell is yours in a crowd. Black will show off dirt and dust more easily.
Reasons to love it
- Light, good sized 44 L backpack weighing only 3 pounds
- Measures 20.5 x 13.8 x 9.8 inches when full
- Compresses with straps and fits in overhead bin and under seat
- Main bag opens like a suitcase with 2 separate zones
- Tons of pockets and hooks for organizing plus water bottle pocket
- Fits a standard laptop and enough clothes for 1-3 weeks
- Padded back and straps are comfortable to carry
- Adjustable, non-bulky chest strap and removable waist strap
- Waterproof material keeps everything dry even in bad weather
Is it worth the price?
Considering travel backpacks can range anywhere from $50 to $200, this bag is at the mid-range cost. Because it’s so versatile, you won’t need multiple bags depending on your trip. This is the only bag you’ll need to buy.
You could use it for anything from a weekend camping trip to a week long work trip or 2 weeks in Europe. It doesn’t have all the features of a more specialized bag for hiking or features like a separate laptop sleeve for business travelers, but it’s versatile enough that it works for almost any purpose. It’s waterproof enough for campers and rugged enough to take a beating on the train or on the trail.
At the time of writing, this bag had 4.5 out of 5 stars out of over 100 reviews on Amazon. Main complaints…
Field testing: This packhorse of a bag made it from the East Coast US to Scotland and London and back on a 2-week tour of the UK. That included 7 days of clothes, which got a wash halfway through the trip at Airbnbs. On the return trip, half the bag was full of souvenirs and none of them were crushed or broken. The bag was tested to its limit but still fit under the airplane seat on the last leg of the flight.
- Flexible and versatile
- Tons of pockets for organizing
- Pack it like a suitcase
- Ideal for flights and backpacking
- Waterproof and durable
- Partial mesh back can get hot on your back
- Won’t fit in small overhead bins when overstuffed
- The top of the bag can pull away from your body if you pack it too full. Move heavy things to the bottom of the backpack for better weight balancing.
- With so many pockets, you probably won’t need many separate organizers. For long trips, it’s handy to have one organizer to separate your dirty laundry and quickly toss it all in the washer.
- Don’t overpack it. It probably won’t fit in small overhead bins, though it can still probably fit it under your seat even if it’s full to almost bursting.
- The handle on the top or side is ideal for tying up your jacket without popping it in your bag or tying it around your waist.
- The center section is great for items you need quick access to, like a jacket or scarf. Unzip the top part and slide it out. You can also keep your laptop there for extra protection.
- Pack your toiletries bag for TSA in the top pocket and your laptop in the pocket behind it for easy access.
You’ll love the versatility of this bag for any kind of adventure you throw at it.